Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Truman Show

I feel like this past weekend was very, very significant and that God revealed to me some relevant things concerning the upcoming rapture in regards to the fall feasts. It will take me a while to put it all together (in other words more coming under separate cover).

My wife happened to buy a DVD that I believe has prophetic significance this weekend. Maybe you have seen it; it’s called the Truman show. Neither her nor I were expecting anything in regards to the rapture or end times when we agreed to watch it.

If you have not seen it, and are willing simply to take me at my word and watch it then it is available at Walmart in the $5 movie bin. I say that because I’m going to mention a few things that are in the movie and even the ending so this is your:

*** spoiler warning ***

I could really write quite a bit about this movie and the spiritual and prophetic parallels are tremendous. Jim Carey plays a man named Truman who was born inside a city sized dome that is really a reality television show about his life, only he is unaware that he is an actor in this whole set up. There is a lot of deep subject matter that could lead to deep discussion, however I’m going to be more brief and to the point leaving you to either watch the show or rewatch it if interested.

I relate the story, the reality television show and the dome to this world. I have called this world the “Big Blue Marble Courtroom” and have a more in depth study of this called “God is Sovereign” which you can read at my website: www.tony4yhwh.com . Satan and his demons are really in control of many aspects and even persons in this world. Many Christians play the part of an “unknowing” actor in this event. Some are more aware than others.

At the end of the movie Truman is willing to face fear and all that he knows to try and escape this false world. In his escape in a sail boat he overcomes a storm and other efforts to stop his escape attempt. Finally, through endurance he sails to the “end” of this world and actually crashes his boat into the “sky” which is really an artificial boundary that was his unknown cell wall. Truman then finds his way along the boundary and to some stairs up into the “sky” and to an OPEN DOOR. The Director, who’s name is Christof then counts on Truman’s fear that he will not walk through the door into the unknown world.

To which Truman says: “In case I don’t see you again, good morning, good afternoon, good evening & good night” and walks through the OPEN DOOR.

…end of movie.

The Open Door, sky, false world, etc. should all be easy to see the parable of the Rapture there.

The Director who is a a type of Satan or antichrist and his name Chirstof is representative of this.
Truman who would be representative of God’s elect and the name says this plainly: Truman or True man

The town is called Seahaven and the Bible has used the sea as a picture type of this world.

The sail boat Truman uses to sail out of this false world has a number on it: 139

My wife Kellie looked up Psalms 139 when this movie was over. I’ll let God’s word speak for itself in relation to the movie (the relevance is fairly self evident)

Psalm 139
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.
19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God! Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
20 They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD, and abhor those who rise up against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Blessings,

Tony

No comments: