Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Our Day in Court: Rosh Hashanah

Here is your Summons…

Psalm 84

2My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

10For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.

I suspect that with all the legal battles going on in the United States that you may have had at least one experience going into court for something. My wife Kellie and I while we were getting our marriage license at the local court house noticed all of the new construction. We asked about it and were told that it was to handle all the “new business”. I suspect that our community is not alone in this. Court, lawyers, judges and all that goes along with this has become big business in the United States.

For me, I had two long drawn out battles for the custody of my children. My children’s lives were at stake as their mother drove drunk among other things with them in the car multiple times. So many times I went up to court. I sat in agony outside the courtroom on the hard bench waiting for the attorney and judges not knowing what the outcome would be. I had to face hard decisions by the Judge. Finally, after giving all I had financially, emotionally, etc. God granted the custody of my children and had my children’s visitations with their mother supervised.

God taught me so, so much during this time about His Sovereignty. More than I can go into now. But I mention it because I believe that certainly the United States and also the world is on trial since September 11th 2001. There isn’t a person I know who can’t recall everything that they were doing that day when they found out. I remember the Churches were filled. Now its six years later.

This is from a Jewish email that I get regarding Rosh Hashanah. I found it very good as we move into this time with God. For all of us waiting for the Rapture, this is it, we are really waiting for our day in court with the Almighty. Just like Job we want to state our case. Like Job, we will be humbled. But also, like Job we will be found worthy in Christ and YHWH will richly bless us.

http://www.aish.com/spirituality/LoriAlmostLive/Here_Comes_the_Judge.asp

Blessings,

Tony

No comments: