Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Baptism and the Doorpost

I wrote in yesterday about Father’s Day Rapture possibilities:

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/june2007/tonye611.htm

I have some personal testimony to share, in hopes that it helps or someone may have a similar experience.

I was baptized in the summer of 2000, however I had lost track of the date. After the rapture didn’t happen 5/5/2005 I had thought and prayed much about it that summer. There were many promising things about it and it was really hard to take. I have felt my whole life like this is what YHWH has prepared me for. I have always been interested in prophecy, end of world events and spiritual warfare. It seems that even as a child I was aware of YHWH’s presence and also Satan’s attacks.

Even though YHWH has been with me my whole life I’ve had many ups and downs. In 1999 I was divorced and destroyed. Even so, it took me a while to come around and I experienced even more destruction in my own ways. Finally, I experienced full surrender and gave my whole life and heart to Christ in the summer of 2000. 5/5 happens to be my birth date so it was even more fun to look forward to and even more tragic when nothing happened. My wife (she was my fiancĂ© then) was worried about me because she knew how much I looked forward to it and knew I was even ready to walk into a tornado if it came anywhere close. Anyway, after working through disappointment and giving it more prayer and study, I feel that YHWH shared with me that it may be a different birth date, my birth date “in Christ” to look to. I did have somewhere a letter from the Church where I was baptized, but had lost it. I looked through everything and could not find it. I prayed to YHWH that if it was to be significant that I would find the letter at the right time. I have pondered it ever since, but have not found the paper or the date.

This scripture is especially important to my heart. More than anything else I want to serve YHWH in a personal and face to face way. I really have felt so many ways He has worked with me to draw me, carve things away, etc.

Exodus 21:1-6
1Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them.
2If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.
3If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.
4If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.
5And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:
6Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.
After going through some difficult trials, I was thinking again about my birthday “in Christ”. I looked through some papers, and there it was! I had suspected that it may have been Father’s Day 2000 and it was (it was also Trinity Sunday).

What I am excited about is the above verse in connection with this. I gave my life to Christ as a HUGE debtor, in other words YHWH buys me as a Hebrew servant (you too!). When 6 years are complete you land on the 7th year. That would bring me to this Sunday. I want more than anything else to say to YHWH that “I love my master and my wife and children and I will not go out free”.

It says after this that the Master will then bring you to the door or door post. These remind me of two things. The door post reminds me of Jesus and the blood that the Israelites splattered on the door posts on Passover before Exodus. The door of course reminds me of the Rapture.

The greatest part of all is the last part where it says “and he shall serve him forever!”

I am hoping that by sharing it may be helpful or lead someone else to share. I really could write quite a bit more about this, but wanted to share the highlights.

Blessings,

Tony

No comments: