Monday, January 14, 2008

Mike Huckabee, Politics & the Rapture

I know politics can be a hard thing to discuss, but they say the same thing about religion. My opinion is that if people respectfully exchange ideas without personal attacks it can be good and Satan wants us all to stay in our “isolation caves”. I call it “round tabling” (I’m sure I’m not the first, but it does get the point across).

Anyone I’m sending this to is a Rapture Watcher, so like me you may be thinking “what does it matter” since we may be gone and the world is going to the Anti-Christ sometime soon here (as well as to “hell” in a handbasket!)

But, I believe that God expects us to “fight” up until the last moment for the things that we believe that are important to him. Even if we are gone, we should be lovingly doing what we can for those left behind and we cannot be for sure how long the Lord should tarry. God has us fight for our faith and refinement and so many other things so never give up the fight. Persevere onward!

All that said, I am backing Mike Huckabee for President. The first two issues by far that I look at regarding the “fruit” of a candidate is where they stand on Abortion and Marriage. Are these the only issues? No. But, they tell me right away something about what kind of stand in the society we live in they would take on other Biblical vs. Worldview issues. These are not popular issues to stand on, so if they are doing so publicly then I get a very good indication (with research and confirmation being a good idea) on other Biblical issues.

This is the response that really got me interested in Mike Huckabee regarding creation. He did this before winning Iowa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-BFEhkIujA

I know many brothers & sisters in Christ would differ on this subject, and I’ll say in advance that I respect your opinion and right to vote for whoever you want. I certainly would listen to anything you might have to say. I already have listened to all the criticisms of the media and other candidates.

My opinion is that he is the only (with the exception of Ron Paul) candidate that I fully trust to stand for Biblical values (however, I’m not judging anyone else either). As someone who considers himself a struggling middle class citizen I feel great that I can vote for a candidate that I believe really stands for Biblical values, believes in God (and says so unashamedly) and is speaking about doing something for the middleclass citizen. I love his line that he says “I’d rather be like the guy you work with than the guy who laid you off”. Well “Hallelujah” to that! He says he wants to help out with healthcare, tax cuts and oil prices and boy do I need that my gas bill doubled last month with the price of oil going over $100 – Yikes. That bill alone got me hoping more and more for the Rapture!

I know we all are anxiously and desperately waiting for the Rapture. Even so, I’m going out riding high with my guns blazing!

YBIC & Blessings,

Tony

No comments: