Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Tree is planted

Isaiah 61

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

I do believe this weekend was extremely significant. I pray in the morning and I often open up “randomly” to scripture for my daily devotional. Both Friday and Saturday I opened to this scripture. The chances were low that I would do this one time – twice was a good confirmation. I believe that this was God’s confirmation that the tree has been planted. We are not always able to see everything with our eyes.

I had a long and hard fought personal victory Friday. I have been divorced for 7 years and 10 months. To summarize, my ex wife had driven drunk with my children in the car among other things I won’t mention. I have forgiven her multiple times for many things. It has been an excruciatingly hard battle where many times I felt like Abraham in that I was turning my children over to possible death and they were truly in the Lord’s hands. Many, many times the court worked completely backwards. In 2004 I failed to gain custody & supervised visitation despite her being caught driving drunk with the kids in the car two weeks before the final hearing. I lost my job, savings and nearly my will to battle on. I still pray with my kids for their mom. This summer the situation escalated once again and I prayerfully decided to take action. I did get an emergency court order in July to protect the kids. The final court date was originally scheduled on Rosh Hashana this year (Sept 22nd). It has been delayed until this Friday, which happened to be Rosh Hashana for trees in Israel – Tu B’ Shevat. Finally, after all this I have custody of my kids and their mom is on supervised visitations. I can’t tell you how hard this journey was.

I was so happy to see the SuperBowl and the 2 Christian coaches. Praise God! The owner of the Colts mentioned God and prayer and Tony Dungy mentioned winning the Lord’s way and also downplayed the fact that it was 2 black coaches in the SuperBowl for the fact that there were 2 Christian coaches in the SuperBowl for the first time. Think of what it took for him to do that. I’m not saying it’s not significant that both are the first Afro-American coaches, but Tony Dungy really did it right I believe in God’s eyes. He won’t be rewarded by the media and this world – but he will be by the Lord. Also, it rained the whole SuperBowl in front of these two witnesses to the whole world (the SuperBowl in telecast world wide). Prince performed at halftime (I’m not a fan of his at all!) and ended with the song Purple Rain. I believe we are coming into a season where a “true” purple, standing for royalty rain and also reign will begin – Jesus Christ – King of Kings!

Groundhog day, told us that it will be an early spring.

Who knows what all was discussed at the world political talks, but God knows!

An Iranian Nuclear scientist was assassinated and reported over the weekend. What action or reaction will that bring from Iran to Israel (who is believed to have carried this out).

Keep watching the surface of the earth and the things of the air (just like any standard Navy/military watch) and we will see the Lord coming soon. The tree is planted, the rain is come and soon the Reign will come!!!!!!!!

Blessings,

Tony

No comments: