Monday, July 2, 2007

Five Doves letter: Work and the Rapture

Please reference July letters 2nd postings at www.fivedoves.com:

Brad,

I really found your post very interesting since I’ve felt the same and am currently in a similar situation. About 10 years ago God allowed me to hit a “pinnacle” of corporate America success. After I found out how empty this was along with having my wife leave me I found Jesus. I really found out he had been there the whole time and continue to draw deeply from the life testimony he has given me.

On the day of September 11th, here in Omaha NE where Offut Airforce base is located I still can remember Air Force One flying over with the President as all our lives would change. During this time the company I was working for moved their Corporate Headquarters and management positions to Seattle. I was offered a work from home position. This was perfect timing on God’s part as I was in a battle for my children’s safety from about 10 months. God did keep them safe and I was able to have custody of them. When the custody battle was over, so was this position. Since then I have work for two Christian employers and have had an opportunity to work from home. Many times I have not known how I was going to support my household. It has been like being fed by Ravens as Elijah was. During this time I have built up debt simply to support my family and pay bills, but we have never gone without.

Recently I have really been looking for the Rapture, but out of practicality I have been looking hard for work. Like you Brad, my heart is not really in it, but I need to provide for my family. I have not gotten a specific message. I had been working for my father from home for the last two years. I believe God had me do this to learn how to serve, for us both to work on our relationship, for me to be able to talk with him about Jesus and for me to learn to submit in a close relationship. In April, my father talked with me and told me that he no longer was making enough of an income to support the technical and administrative work I had been doing for him for the last two years. I told him I had no hard feelings and that I understood. I asked for him to turn it all over in prayer. We prayed together and I felt peace surpassing understanding and was especially hopeful for the rapture.

Needless to say, after all the Jewish feasts and other dates we are still waiting. I love reading through Hebrews 11 as I feel a connection. These men and women are looking for the same city I am and seem to know my heart. We are all still waiting and watching. I am not sure what God will do and I have to keep doing the practical things to provide for my family in the meantime. As much as I believe that there will be a day where finally the Rapture will happen and many will be gone in the blink of an eye, I also know he is Sovereign and Love and that his timing is perfect – even if I don’t understand it and feel like I’m wearing thin (that’s an understament!).

I am so grateful John and to all the Doves for the fellowship. I consider fivedoves a church of sorts for Prophecy, the Rapture and End Times events. It’s hard to get this communication and fellowship elsewhere. Thank you so much John, I can’t say how much you are appreciated.

Today might not be the day, but there will be a day and when it does happen we will be singing his praises forevermore!!!

Blessings,

Tony

No comments: